[TowerTalk] BCB Intermodulation

Ed Richardson ed_richardson at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 9 00:23:46 EST 2009

Thanks for the replies gents.

It looks like the problem started several weeks ago. I should mention
that the tower is a 50' freestanding is brand new, just installed this
past summer. No corrosion or loose joints (at least I hope not). All
feedline and connectors are also brand new and well weatherproofed.

Since the temperature has not risen above 0F for the last month, I have
not done any tower climbing to look for problems. The problem may have
started with the sub 0 degree temps but I can not be sure.

High power transmissions do not reduce/eliminate the intermod.

Living in a suburban area with 55' wide lots.

As I type this, I am wondering if the 8' tall, 1/4 mile long chain link
fence that borders all the house on my street could be a suspect.

10kw AM Transmitters are 8 and 12 kms away.

Hopefully it warms up soon to see if the problem fades.

Ed