[TowerTalk] 43 foot Vertical as part of 80M Inverted L?

robertsmg at aol.com robertsmg at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 15:19:58 EST 2009

Hello, All:

I've been thinking about ways to improve my signal on 80 meters from my .3 acre suburban lot.? Have a SteppIR yagi with the 40/30 kit so those bands are well covered.? ? I'm contemplating using my existing 43 foot vertical as the vertical portion of an inverted L for 80 meters, and then running a wire over to my tower for the horizontal component.?There is already a passable radial system under the 43 footer.? The inspiration for this came from the ON4UN chapter on Inverted L antennas, where there is a diagram of such an antenna using a 1.6 inch diameter 39 foot vertical pole and a 40 foot 12 AWG horizontal wire.? Has anyone done anything similar using?one of the commercially available 43 foot vertical models?? I don't have?experience with modeling software, and am wondering how long the wire should be for resonance around 3.600 MHz.? What would be the best method to feed it?? Any and all comments welcome.? 73 de
.?

Gavin W9EYE