[TowerTalk] Inverted L

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Mon Jan 12 20:13:02 EST 2009

After researching the matter, I elected to put at least 36 ground
radials 40 feet long, I will add more longer ones later when the weather
clears, for my big vertical antenna.  I would do the same for an inverted L.

I understand using elevated radials requires that they be tuned or cut
to the length of the band you are intending to operate on.  For 160 m,
that could be a pretty tall order.  Hanging them sufficiently high off
the ground will be awkward, I figure.  Ground radials do not require
tuning or cutting to any particular length, the more the better.

Just My take...   , anyway.

Happy trails and 73.    ----  Richards - K8JHR ----