[TowerTalk] Relay lightening protection

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Fri Jan 30 20:27:19 EST 2009

jimlux wrote:

>Michael
>

>I suppose the take home message is that for low rel, low duty cycle, we
>can probably do whatever seems to work, but if you have a high rel, high
>duty cycle application, it's probably worth talking to the relay
>manufacturer about ALL the details.
>
>jim

Yes, I think that is good advice, Jim. Relays seem pretty simple and
innocuous on the face of it, but when you dig into the details (as the
Tyco app note demonstrates) you start to find out that there is a lot of
subtlety that is specific to the application and the type of relay. I
think I know just enough to know that I don't know very much :-).

73, Mike W4EF............