[TowerTalk] Tower repair and re-cabling

James C. Hall, MD heartdoc at nwtcc.com
Tue Jul 7 08:55:33 PDT 2009

Hello TT:

I have a UST HDX-572MPDL purchased in 2001 that sustained some damage from
the historic and terrible ice storm in late January here in NW TN. In short,
I have a bent top section. The other sections are fine. I now have the tower
horizontal.  My plan is to replace the top section and re-cable the tower.

I have been in contact with a gentleman who does this sort of thing, but he
is cross country and more than a little busy. Getting him here to do the job
would cost plenty and so far, I've been sitting on my thumbs waiting. Also,
I can't just call UST and order a top section and a cable kit. Right now I'm
stuck.

What options do I have ?

73, Jamie

WB4YDL