[TowerTalk] Tower Grounding advice

Marc Willis 7g7mburo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:22:05 PDT 2009

Hi Scott - Look at it this way your only a couple years away from a big
array. :)
On my towers I use a crimped lug on the wire, attached it directly to a
tower bolt. 1ea 8' rod per leg 12" away and 1ea 8' rod 96" away. I am also
using 1/0 size wire for the ground wire both on the tower and for the guy
anchors. Because your going to use the 8' rods don't you think that will get
you below the frost line. It would still be coupled electrically, right?

Good luck with the project Cheers Marc