[TowerTalk] TH3MKII vs 3 element SteppIR

Mike nf4l_NO_SPAM at nf4l.com
Mon Jul 13 06:05:08 PDT 2009

Terry -
I'm not sure if you mean to leave the dipole up or not. Get the 30/40M
driven element, and do away with the dipole, and add a band.

Why do you care if it's bigger? Will it extend over your property line?
If you're worried about Fla. winds, take a look at the pic on the cover
of the manual.....
I'm in Jacksonville, and so far my 4L has survived going on 6 years now.

Check the tower specs for wind load. It looks like the 30/40 element is
2 sq. ft. bringing the total to 8.1.

You could easily assemble it in a day. Be sure to read the manual at
least 3 times before you start.

73,
Mike NF4L