[TowerTalk] private emails not getting through Re: Recent posts

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 14 19:56:47 PDT 2009

Bill Tippett wrote:

> P.S.  I don't have a lot of patience with folks who are too lazy to
> search the archives or read private emails sent directly to them.

With respect to the latter, emails can go astray for a variety of
reasons.  Over the years, I've set up various and sundry aliases (e.g.
w6rmk at earthlink.net, w6rmk at arrl.org, jimlux at ieee.org), and in some
cases, they don't forward reliably.  (Earthlink, in particular, seems to
forget about forwarding after about 6 months, unless you log in and
"touch" the account every once in a while).  Or, I've had forwarding
chains, and one of the links breaks.

Finally, over effective spam filters can sometimes silently get rid of
things, although thankfully, this is becoming more rare.

jim
w6rmk