[TowerTalk] Mounting a Hustler 5BTV Near a house

Jay Radcliffe jay.radcliffe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 08:40:19 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have recently moved to a new home that has HOA/CC&R restrictions.
The good news is that I got permission to put the antenna up with very
little hassle. I am trying to be a good neighbor and was thinking
about mounting the antenna near the house rather then the back of my
yard.  I know this is not ideal, but the antenna would be virtually
unnoticeable from 80% of the viewing angles if mounted near the house.
Assume that the # of radials at are the same (20-30 between 15 and 70
feet long) and that the side of the house is 10-12 feet tall and
construction is all wood with asphalt shingles. The antenna would be
ground mounted 3' away from the house on a DX Engineering tilt base
and power would be 100W maximum.  I wanted to see if anyone has any
experience with how much degradation in TX/RX quality compared to
mounting it more in the clear.

Thanks in advance.

Jay n8os