[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Mid Tilt section questions

jpk5lad at cox.net jpk5lad at cox.net
Wed Jul 29 11:39:01 PDT 2009

Hi John --
I do have a Rohn 45 Foldover tower and have had for 30+ years.
I recently scanned in the pages from an old catalog for these
foldovers for another fellow.  You can find it at:

http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/download/ROHN Info/

Or you can go to my homepage (address shown below) and
choose Downloadable files from the homepage menu.  You can
also see some pictures of what happens to one when it's
overloaded.  These are all in the folder called ROHN Info.

Good luck and 73,
Jim - K5LAD

On 29 Jul 2009 at 12:46, W1JCW wrote:

> Hey guys -
>
> I have come across Rohn 45 section that is hinged in the middle for tilt
> purposes.
>
> Would anyone know what kind of weight this can handle as in number of tower
> sections capable above this
> and the weight or size of the antenna that can be mounted above it ??
>
> I know they don't sell them any longer and I have called a few place to ask
> but they have no current information
> just on the base plate tilt ones.
>
> Suggestions ??
>
> 73-
> W1JCW
> John

Growing old is like being increasingly penalized
for a crime you haven't committed.
-- Anthony Powell
Visit my webpages at:
      http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/