[TowerTalk] Isotron Antennas

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 1 08:07:41 PST 2009

Yes, if you are running 100 watts or less then take a good look at those
magnetic loop antennas. They seem to work very well indeed. I worked an
Italian station on 20m ssb and he was using a loop antenna, he switched to a
vertical as a comparison and he was slightly louder on the magnetic loop.
The only disadvantage is that they need retuning if you change frequency
slightly. However. this narrow bandwidth is advantageous in helping to
prevent tvi though.

Mark N1UK