[TowerTalk] Vertical in pond

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 17 21:43:11 PDT 2009

I looked at the PY3CEJ listing on QRZ and it only shows his station.  I am
told he has 200+ DXCC entities on 160 SSB.  He submitted logs several years
for the CQ WW 160 SSB.

I work him in April and May (this is fall in PY) and he is usually well over
S9.  The picture of the vertical was printed in CQ perhaps with the CQ 160
or CQ WW.  The vertical is in the middle of the lake on a platform.  Perhaps
the radials are spread out from the base on the platform.  It does work as
he is often on with a group from PY and LU and he is S9+ and they are just
at the noise level.

Dave K4JRB