[TowerTalk] HDX 572MDPL

Clay W7CE w7ce at curtiss.net
Mon May 11 07:22:23 PDT 2009

Two years ago I bought an HDX572 about 350 miles from where I live.  For
transport I used a boat trailer.  I bolted together a framework out of 4x4s
and a 6x6  (down the center of the trailer to level it out) to create a flat
platform for the tower to sit on.  When I arrived to pick it up, the
previous owner had a crane there (he was taking down several towers).  The
crane set the tower down on the boat trailer and I towed it home.  Once
home, I had a tow truck lift it off.  The tow truck picked the tower
straight up and I drove the trailer away.  He then set the tower down.  It
was almost too easy.  BTW, the boat trailer was designed for an 18' boat
that weighs about 2500 lbs, so it was both long enough and stout enough to
handle the weight of the tower.

73,
Clay  W7CE