[TowerTalk] HDX 572MDPL

Alfred Frugoli alfred.frugoli at gmail.com
Mon May 11 03:42:16 PDT 2009

Hi Jim,

You did not mention if you could get a vehicle in to the base of the tower.
 Both these methods below involve getting a vehicle to the base of the
tower.

When my 472 arrived I hired a boom wrecker (the "old style" tow truck).
 They brought out their heavier duty model that they used for towing large
pickups and small trucks and extended the boom into the back of the box
truck that delivered the tower and set it on the base for me.  The truck
could only get within 50 feet of the base, so the tow truck did some
maneuvering.  I can't see how you'd get it over the fence without a crane,
but that may be worth the expense depending upon how much work you're
talking to remove the fence.
As for transporting, I'd think any flatbed type of truck would work.  If you
go the tow truck route, maybe they'd bring their flatbed truck too and put
the tower onto that.

If the tower has the tilt fixture you could also simply tilt the tower down
onto the back of a flatbed tow truck (incline the bed of the tow truck).
 Secure the tower to the bed and then remove the two hinge bolts, and away
you go.

Good luck.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----