[TowerTalk] Removing foil from LMR 240?

Jim Warner jim at itristar.com
Tue May 19 17:46:19 PDT 2009

John,
Shouldn't need to if you use compatible connectors. Unless you have a
special application, or a big spool of it fell in your lap,
might want to choose a similar cable thats more user friendly. There's a
slick RG type 58 cable out there with a teflon
dielectric, solid center cond that has good quality foil loosely
wrapped. Electrically close to LMR240. ASP supplied me low loss cable kits
when I did 800 SMR stuff. Not sure who owns ASP this week though. Poke
around. GL with it.
Jim WA9Z