[TowerTalk] Removing foil from LMR 240?

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue May 19 18:59:49 PDT 2009

John Frazier wrote:
> OK Guys.......any secrets to removing the foil from this or similar cables, please?  Yep......I've tried the Exacto knife and razor blade methods.  I seem to "eat" the dielectric!

With both CNT and LMR 240 I trim the end of the foil to make sure it
doesn't roll over the end, or there are no "whiskers" at the end, but
other than that I leave the foil in place using crimp "N-type"
connectors and I'm hitting it with the legal limit, band edge to band
edge, on 40 meters.

73

Roger (K8RI)