[TowerTalk] Balanced Feedline for Ground Mounted Vertical?

Andy ai.egrps at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:42:27 PDT 2009

> Actually the open wire lines at medium wave BC stations exciting
> verticals are all, as far as I know, unbalanced.

The (old, no longer used) feedline I saw, I'm pretty sure was balanced.  It
had just two wires, with pairs of glass insulators.  If they had been
unbalanced in that arrangement, I think it would have radiated pretty badly;
as opposed to the quad surrounding wires with spacers you described.

>   See for example the
> line shown here at KFBK, operating phased Franklins:

Man, that is one impressive setup.

Andy