[TowerTalk] Element straightness

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 02:54:48 PST 2009

A number of years ago, a friend used a crane to install his TH6.  It got
hung up on one of the elements, and it put a 20 degree bend in the reflector
on one side.  At that point, it was too late to take to take it down and fix
it, so it went up as is.  The only difference he noticed was improved SWR.
Other than that, the antenna worked just fine.

You are right - the only difference between the 6DX and the 6DXX is the boom
to mast mounting mechanism - the 6XX being newer.  The 7DX has an extra
driven element - the idea was that "solid state rigs needed flatter SWR
across the band to avoid SWR rollback".

Tom - VE3CX