[TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe

Craig Ervin z50r at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 13:48:23 PST 2009

Weld some ears on it.   Make a collar that clamps around the tube with attachment points.  Still need to bolt or weld to the pipe.   I would put it at the end of a section of pipe and reach inside and attach some nuts.    I would worry about just having a clamp, as it could slide under heavy tension.  But they make some huge exhaust clamps that might work.  The good news is that several people have these up and workng, so maybe a google search is needed.  click  here or here  one more here, but would not use a open loop hook, weld it shut or get a welded or forge one.

good read here too, with some guy details here
http://www.n6rk.com/irrigation.html