[TowerTalk] LM354HDSP Rotor Mounting Location

Michael Hofe, AI3H AI3H at thehofefamily.com
Wed Oct 14 14:55:36 PDT 2009

All,

I have an LM354HDSP that was manufactured by Tri-Ex (prior to Tash Towers).  I am installing a Prosistal PST-51 rotor in the tower (yes it fits) and was wondering what depth the rotor should be nested inside the tower?  I will have a thrust bearing on the top of the tower and have a 20' Chrome Moly mast.  Although I can't confirm it, I have seen references to 4' or 5' down from the thrust bearing, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion based on actual use or personal knowlege.  I bought the LM354HDSP new about 8 years ago and am ready to install the rotor, mast and antenna load.  The antennas will consist of 18 ft2 of antennas with 9.5 ft2 of the load on the thrust bearing and 8.5 ft2 located about 12' above the thrust bearing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike Hofe, AI3H