[TowerTalk] LINE FOR tree strung dipoles

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Oct 19 20:17:40 PDT 2009

Michael Ryan wrote:
> No doubt due to the state of the economy and the real estate market, not to
> mention the fact the some folks are cutting back on expenses, such as those
> used to support dipoles, they are indeed using THHN wiring, or common house
> wiring.  Trouble is they are using this wiring while it is STILL WITHIN the
> vacant house next door.  Makes for a very stealthy antenna.  - Mike

Around here they are much more thoughtful and remove that nasty stuff
from the houses under construction so you won't be bothered by
electronic noise from those locations.

Almost all construction around here used Romex(sp?) and still does.

The only problem I've seen with either THHN or ROMEX is the stuff is
soft and your 75 and 160 meter antennas keep getting longer, and longer,
and longer, but the wire does get work hardened.

73

Roger (K8RI)