[TowerTalk] Log periodic antennas and front end overload?

W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 25 18:37:49 PDT 2009

What K9YC said.  Years ago when the front of the receiver was a wide as a barn door this was true, but with today's modern solid state receivers I don't believe it is any longer the case.  I have a Tennadyne LPDA into an Icom IC-756 (non Pro) and have never had a overload problem even when I lived in RF rich Dallas TX.  With the present state of the art equipment, I do not think you will have a problem.  Some one else stated "one boom - one feedline" and that is the reason I went with a LPDA.  I love having a gain antenna when the DXpedition goes to 17M to avoid the pile-up.

Clint - W5CPT - Moderator Tennadyne Antenna Yahoo Group