[TowerTalk] Tool question

Dubovsky, George George.Dubovsky at andrew.com
Thu Sep 3 06:21:13 PDT 2009

Pete,

Depending on how much damage there is, you might be able to fix it. It's
a "single-flute" cutter, so there is only one cutting edge. If you just
rounded off the leading edge of the cutter, you can grind the (vertical)
edge back a little, taking care to maintain the cutting edge geometry -
I'm guessing, just looking at one here, that it's 90 degrees (zero
rake). A small grinding wheel on edge might do it, or a *real* steady
hand with a dremel. To do it right, you will need to blend the adjacent
"good" steps into the ones you are trying to repair. Even if you totally
wreck it, you're only out the $35 ;-)

73,

geo - n4ua