[TowerTalk] tramming vs. "riding the rope"

ac9s at mchsi.com ac9s at mchsi.com
Wed Sep 9 14:11:50 PDT 2009

When I tram antennas I run the tram line through a pulley attached a couple of feed up the mast and "back guy" it to the ground on the opposite side of the tower as the pull.  That way I equalize force on the mast.  I usually only hang the antenna a foot or so below the tram line and usually create a sling on the antenna to help it hang straight.  When I put my Steppir up I drilled a couple of holes in each corner of the Boom to mast plate and created wire rope sling which then hung from the tram pully.  It went up as slick as could be.

Keith
AC9S