[TowerTalk] C3SS element holes

VO1HP fdavis at nfld.net
Thu Sep 10 08:31:53 PDT 2009

I am reassembling a C3SS getting it ready for installation on my 52 ft tower.

The previous owner riveted the driven elements so that there are no visible rivet holes so I am taking this to mean the driven elements are set for SSB portions of the bands.  I operate almost exclusively CW & Digital modes.

 I need some  field experience from current users on the element settings for the lower portions of the bands.  I'd like the SWR to be lowest around 14.050 ; 21.100 ; 28.100  etc or thereabouts.

What has been the experince with this antenna and the general SWR curves that I can expect to see with the antenna at 52 ft?

73 Frank VO1HP