[TowerTalk] climbing an antenna mast

John Hudson jd_hudson at comcast.net
Sun Sep 13 17:36:21 PDT 2009

I spent 22 years on a full time fire dept and have climbed a 80' and 110'
UNSUPPORTED aerial ladders many times at about 70-80 degree angle.. even
climbed off the ladder and onto roofs in the snow and ice BUT there is
something to be said about weighing almost 300#... those skinny ladder masts
ain't rated for us "normal" size folks, thank goodness!!!!

Be safe

73
John
KO4XJ