[TowerTalk] Best choice for AC Service Entrance TVSS?

Mat Eshpeter kk1c at live.com
Wed Sep 16 10:41:07 PDT 2009

I am building a hilltop cabin for HF operation and need to select my desired lightning protection for the AC service entrance. I have read that the MOV devices age and eventually need to be replaced, whereas the silicon versions (like the ones from Transtector) do not. The information at this site appears to be the most helpful and recommends silicon devices from Transtector, but I have a feeling that it will be a very expensive solution (http://members.cox.net/pc-usa/station/basics.htm).

I have been searching for more information on this topic but it appears to be difficult to find, hence my appeal to this forum for recommendations and/or advice as I am running out of time and need to make a decision soon.

Thanks for any guidance.

mat

KK1C