[TowerTalk] Height for horizontal loops

Tim Kass timkass at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:59:06 PDT 2009

I agree with Dave, but a brief would be to put it about a 1/4 wave up at the operating freq.  however, lower versions are cloud burners and good for 100 - 500 miles...higher is generally accepted as being better I would think...also..if fed with ladder line, will operate on multiple freq. and the higher freqs would have multiple lobes, some very low angle.  I was always a bit surprised that my HB Superloop 80, fed with ladder line, heard DX sigs about as well as my beam, of course more noise though...just my 2 cents...read up .... www.cebik.com is my favorite site.

73, Tim K8WBL

"Everything you want is inside you, All you fear is there as well"