[TowerTalk] Cutting a section of tower

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Apr 2 07:27:14 PDT 2010

TexasRF at aol.com wrote:
> This ain't hard guys. If you have a Sawsall , you use it. If you have a
> grinder, you use it. If you have a hacksaw, you use it. If you have nothing,
> then you go to Home Depot and decide which option you want to buy or see a
> friend or neighbor to borrow a tool.

You forgot "chop saw" <:-)) as you can stick one leg of the tower in
there at a time. However I don't like to use abrasive wheels on any soft
metal like aluminum or Galvanizing as they load up and can become
unbalanced leading to a dangerous condition where they can come apart.

I think most make the mistake of acquainting 25G with the hardness of
EHS and there is no comparison.  25G gets its strength from the diameter
of the tubing, wall thickness, and cross bracing. It's like cutting
butter compared to EHS.

73

Roger (K8RI)