[TowerTalk] Distance from an airport and tower height

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 14:36:21 PDT 2010

Way back a long time ago I knew where to look this  up.

I am presently kicking the tires on a few places back in FL.   One looks
interesting, but is a little over 2 miles from a PRIVATE  airport.

I think the rule of thumb for tower height allowed from a
commercial/public airport is 1 foot for every 100 feet, and the height allowed  from a
private airport is 1 foot for every 50 feet.  Am I right, or has  this changed?
Where can I find info on this?

Thanks!

Bill KH7XS