[TowerTalk] Distance from an airport and tower height

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Apr 2 15:54:56 PDT 2010

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com wrote:
> Way back a long time ago I knew where to look this  up.
>
> I am presently kicking the tires on a few places back in FL.   One looks
> interesting, but is a little over 2 miles from a PRIVATE  airport.

Does it line up with any of the runways, do they have any instrument
approaches, and is it public use?
We have 360' towers within about 3 miles but not quite in line with 06
approach at KIKW. They would not have been able to put it another
200-300 yards to the NW.

I'm right in the center of the GPS approach to 06, dead center and just
inside the FAF, but I can go to about 190'. Towair says I can to up to
200 feet. I can't.

BTW when on the approach I can't see my house as it's directly under the
plane.

73

Roger (K8RI)