[TowerTalk] Yet another Hazer Guying Question

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 09:21:14 PDT 2010

In a message dated 3/30/2010 8:22:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I have been thinking about putting up a Rohn25 with a  homemade steel
welded Hazer.  From what I have read, if you do not  want to do any
climbing with the Hazer above you, the tower will be  temporarily self
supporting because you
need to drop a couple of guys until  the assembly is lowered below it. True?

    Unfortunately yes. IMO it's a terrible technique  although many people
do it.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -