[TowerTalk] Rotor on the verge of failure?

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Sat Apr 10 16:35:10 PDT 2010

On 4/10/2010 6:51 PM, Mike wrote:
> Not normal.

Mike,

I was afraid of that.

I had Yaesu 800 series rotator failure a while back so I purchased a
1000 thinking it would hold up. Need something a bit more stout that
will fit inside my US Tower HDX 555 and spin a 5 el 20 meter mono bander
and a 3 el Steppir.

> You do not give any information how you have it mounted, but if you have it
> bolted to a plate inside the tower I would check the Four mounting bolts

I checked all the bolts today and they were tight on both the mounting
plate and the rotator. The noise does appear to be coming from the
rotator itself.

A picture is worth a thousand words as they say -- I can send you the
video if you like?

Thanks,

Tony -K2MO