[TowerTalk] TH6 dissimilar metals query

Barry Fox foxbw at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 20:06:05 PDT 2010

In the process of rebuilding a TH6 I broke the aluminum clip which shorts
the Beta match wires to the boom.  I can make a replacement from copper,
but wonder if that is a good idea.  A stainless steel screw will hold the
copper clip to the aluminum boom and the copper clip will be wrapped around
and bolted to the aluminum Beta match wires and fastened with a stainless
steel nut and bolt.
Will all these dissimilar metal junctions cause any problems?  I do not
own an amplifier, so the most RF it will see is 100 watts, minus feed line
loss.
Thanks for any opinions,
Barry - W1HFN