[TowerTalk] Can motorized crank up's be manually

JPhillipp jphillipp at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 09:59:00 PDT 2010

Hi Skip,

I did that.

One time the motor wasn't working on the HDX-555 and we were having
lightning and thunder so I brought it down by turning the large pulley by
hand. I didn't take the belt off the pulley, though, just turned the pulley
(and turned it, and turned it, and turned it...).

It took forever, but I got the tower down.

Maybe it just seemed forever, out there in the rain with the lightning
flashes all around.

John