[TowerTalk] M2's NEW HF Logs...

Dino Darling dino at kx6d.com
Mon Apr 19 18:58:16 PDT 2010

I hinted to this back at the end of  January.  I got a message from
Mike last month and he had S/N-001 on the air with excellent reports
into Europe and SWR curves as expected. I spoke to Matt last week and
they said they would be unveiling this at Visalia.

Wyatt forwarded me the following flyers today and I want to share
them with you. As I understand it, they are ready to take orders!

These antennas are rated for 80MPH and utilizes a 3" boom that tapers
down to a 2" boom to shed weight.

The 12-el comes in at 100# and the boom length of 45'.
The 11-el is 73# with a boom length of 37', which removes the back
element and a section of 3" boom.  The plus is you can upgrade from
the 11 to the 12 at any time by buying the element and boom
section!  Specs are the same for both antennas except for frequency
coverage...obviously.

It looks like Mike and the guys at M2 came up with yet another TRUE PERFORMER!

10-30 12 Element - http://www.kx6d.com/misc/1030LP12.pdf
13-30 11 Element - http://www.kx6d.com/misc/1330LP11.pdf

Dino - KX6D

At 09:52 AM 1/25/2010, you wrote:
>Just a little heads up... M2 is currently designing a new Log Periodic
>antenna with a couple of more elements (10 elements possibly) and a
>little longer boom, to go along with their new "Light Duty" series
>antennas.  You can read about the new LD 20-meter antenna here...
>
>http://m2inc.com/products/hf/20m/20m5ld.html
>
>This antenna will have a couple of more elements giving a little more
>performance, but not be as heavy as the 100MPH version.  This antenna is
>going to be perfect here in Southern CA where we don't see the big winds
>(where I live at least).  If you have big winds, buy accordingly!
>
>I have my order in for prototype #1 and have been talking to M2 for over
>a year about this.  I'm hoping it will be ready by their March Open
>House, or Visalia at the latest!
>
>The LOG is not for everyone, but as I was told by an antenna expert, "A
>LOG at 75' backed with a kilowatt won't come in second very often!"
>Don't underestimate a LPDA when looking for a multiband antenna on one
>boom.
>
>Dino - KX6D

Dino - KX6D
dino at kx6d.com