[TowerTalk] Heliax Connectors

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Apr 20 14:34:38 PDT 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:57:19 -0400, Ryan Jairam wrote:

>I would just get N connectors and adapters and use that instead.
>Practically nobody else but ham and CB use UHF connectors anymore.

Think about WHY. There's nothing wrong with GOOD UHF connectors for
use at HF and VHF, and hams are almost the only users of HF in any
volume. There's no advantage to using N connectors below at least
500 MHz, and they cost a lot more.

Note that I'm talking about QUALITY connectors from major mfrs like
Amphenol, Kings, and Pomona, not unbranded junk from ham vendors and
hamfests.

73,

Jim K9YC