[TowerTalk] 7-16 Din?

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 06:35:42 PDT 2010

The 7-16 Din connectors are wonderful They are readily available for Heliax
 and LMR 600 and larger cables. Ebay has plenty for Heliax and Times
Microwave  Cable distributors have or can get them for LMR cables.

They are made for smaller cables like RG213 and LMR400 but harder to  find.

After all of this, keep in mind that your equipment and antennas also need
to use these type of connectors. Otherwise you are just throwing your money
 away by using them elsewhere, unless you find a really good deal on them.

The 7-16 DIN connectors use a similar procedure  to install as the N type
on the LMR and Heliax cables..

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/21/2010 2:15:33 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net writes:

Jim Miller wrote:
> In the current discussion of N/UHF  connectors the 7-16DIN was
> mentioned and I googled it to see what it  was all about.
>
> Is this popular outside of the  US?
>
> What improvements does it have over the  N?

Better fit, better construction, more rugged,  higher ratings to higher
frequencies, and just generally better all the  way around.  I under
stand the cell and cable companies are  standardizing on them (for other
than the 75 ohm hard line) so with the  large market the price *should*
be coming down and the availability going  up.  They kinds look like an N
connector on steroids, but they really  are much better.  As Hector said,
they are the ones the big boys are  using.

73

Roger (K8RI)
> Is it available for sale in the  US? I wasn't able to find it at the
> usual Ham outlets.
>
>  tnx
> jim ab3cv

TowerTalk  mailing  list