[TowerTalk] Field Day Antennas - Multiband Vee-Beam?

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 12:21:23 PDT 2010

Hi Steve

The Oxford club tried Vee Beams in the '60s when I was first involved. They need to be tuned for each band just like a doublet, so no advantage there. Our experience was that they were not worth the effort - and that was in the days when there were a lot of USA to work during the contest where they perhaps should have had an advantage. With the contest now being basically Europe I would say don't bother.

Hope to work you in the contest!

73 Roger
VE3ZI/G3RBP