[TowerTalk] HFTA and diferent bands antennas

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sun Apr 25 08:04:27 PDT 2010

If you think about your example of the two ground peaks at different
heights, what would the shadow of the larger one have to do with direction?
If the receive path has the small peak in the shadow of the larger peak so
that it isn't seen by the incoming signal then the small peak will not be
seen by the outgoing signal either.
Yes it could be in the path of the outgoing signal for a particular angle
but not for the same angle that clears the larger peak.

Outside of some amount of refraction over the peaks, a low angle  outgoing
signal is not going to bounce off the smaller peak and combine with the
energy in a slightly higher angle wave that clears the higher peak. Any
signal that bounces off the lower peak is going to keep going up at the
reflection angle and right thru the higher angle energy wave that is
clearing the higher peak. The reflected wave from the low peak is not going
to bend and combine with the higher angle wave as it intercepts it.
If I understand what you are getting at in your non-reciprocal path
thinking.

73
Gary  K4FMX