[TowerTalk] Belden 8267

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Apr 26 17:50:30 PDT 2010

Belden 8267does not have impressive loss specifications, however it is
indeed tough as nails (es muy resistente) and great for coax loops.  It held
up fine under the strong UV rays at my P40A station and survived the winters
and lightning strikes at my Illinois station.

John KK9A

From: TexasRF at aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:37:11 EDT

I well remember seeing the black copper shield and dielectric inside Belden
 8214 coax after being in use a few years. The loss was about 3X the new
spec.

Someone, somewhere, along the line thought non-contaminating jackets were a
 good idea or there would be none made today.

8267 is indeed a non-contaminating RG8 sized coaxial cable with good braid
coverage and solid PE dielectric. It is tough as nails and can be expected
to  last a long, long time, even in a flex loop. Yes, the loss is higher
than the  newer foam cables but for modest run lengths, it certainly has a
place in many  hf applications.

73,
Geald K5GW