[TowerTalk] Lightning Damage and Insurance

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 09:21:58 PDT 2010

In a message dated 4/29/2010 9:12:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I (we) lost our house in a lightning related fire 1998.  It was a total
loss. All that remained was ashes and charcoal. I had problems  with the
insurance company regarding the estimated value of my station. Their
depreciation was way more than what I could accept. One reason was that I
depreciated the value myself before submitting the inventory list to the  company.

>  Lesson learned: Always list the full price of  whatever you had and let
them do the depreciation  them-self.

What you need is  "replacement value" insurance. Much better than having
them depreciate  everything.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH