[TowerTalk] Thoughts on towers and antennas

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Aug 14 17:19:59 PDT 2010

When modeling my 6el 20m beams, I found 50' spacing to be too close, but
perhaps it works OK with smaller beams.

Rohn 65G is nice tower once it's up.  You can space the guy wires out 50 or
60 feet, leaving room for the antennas to turn.  I used a crane to put mine
up, however getting a crane for your 200' tower can be expensive.  I have
seen gin poles that can handle it, but they are pretty heavy and you
definitely need a skilled person on the ground to install it this way.

GL
John KK9A / 4