[TowerTalk] Preferred Come Along or Puller?

Doug Grant dougk1dg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 09:31:31 PDT 2010

I've gone through several big-box-store $20-30 come-alongs (some made
by Maasdam), and always thought they looked kind of cheaply made. Some
parts of them have rusted, one had the bolt that holds the cable
pulley come undone, and one would not switch to "down" mode (that was
exciting, since it was holding a tram line very taut at the time). I
have not been satisfied with these.

When doing some work with K4ZA a couple of years ago, I saw the
Lug-All come-along that he uses, and knew that I had to have one.
Massive cast-aluminum frame, easy-operating reversing lever, and
detachable lever arm. Check out http://www.lug-all.com for complete
info.

Someone else mentioned this brand, and I found one on eBay a few
months later for about half the normal $150 or so retail price. I am
very happy with it.

73,

Doug K1DG