[TowerTalk] XM240 to Moxon

Steve Sacco NN4X nn4x at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:25:51 PDT 2010

  An interesting experiment I've been performing is comparing the
difference between a 20M rotating dipole at 150' and a stack of 204BAS
at 110'/64'.

The dipole is usually an S-unit less, and does not sound as good.  One
characteristic of stacks that I've noted over and over is that signals
sound "fuller" on a stack.

At that height, the dipole is nearly in free space, with deep nulls and
well defined peaks, so if a signal is coming in at the wrong angle, it's
not going to be heard well.

Difficult to explain, but my hears hear it.

73,
Steve
NN4X