[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: OT: Satellite Internet

Adam Shirley WJ4X wj4x at amsat.org
Fri Aug 27 12:45:07 PDT 2010

Your amateur radio license allows you to use "out of band" wireless
networking.. You can move out of the standard channels for wireless
networking and use some power and do a lot with IP over RF.

http://www.qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/wireless/modify.html

i.e. If a neighbor 10 miles away has DSL, there's nothing that can stop
you from installing a 2.4GHz backhaul from his place to yours. (if you
have line of sight)