[TowerTalk] Breaking all the tower climbing rules at an

Kenneth Goodwin krgoodwin at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 07:52:42 PST 2010

Near the end of the video when the participant is climbing the pole parallel
to the antenna, it looked to me as if the climbing pole with the steps had
big pieces of copper across most but not all of the pipe flange joints.  I
can appreciate the amount of RF one foot from the antenna would have, but I
would think the resistivity across the pipe flanges with the four bolts to
be as good as it gets.  And why not all of the joints?  Was looking at
something else?   No one I know straps across their tower joints.  I did put
joint compound on each of the flanges when I erected my tower, but I would
guess it is long gone by now.  Maybe I just need to be running 50 KW??  Ken
K5RG