[TowerTalk] ladder safety

Tearlach Sinclair dragonsong at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 3 14:38:30 PST 2010

My son was working in a shipyard that is very safety oriented. They had a workshop/meeting on ladder safety and then went to work. My son left the meeting and promptly climbed up  and sat on the top step of a ladder.  He was called down from that perch and escorted off the property. He began looking for new work the next day.
Ladder safety is just as important as tower safety, perhaps more so as we all know to belt in and climb safe on the tower but get stupid when we climb a ladder.  Most ladder accidents occur from operator error rather than from defect. A ladder will kill you just as dead as a tower will, you might have a better looking corpse from a ladder fall than a tower fall.
Tearlach
w8sco

There's nae man sae deif as he tha' winna hear.