[TowerTalk] Bendix Synchro Set

Dean Runk drunk at paragonde.com
Mon Dec 6 19:13:57 PST 2010

Jim K9YC,

This evening my mechanic presented me with an unopened canister containing a new BENDIX Synchro Control Transformer with the following label:

            U.S. Navy - Bureau  of  Ordnance
            SYNCHRO CONTROL TRANSFORMER
            MK. 13            MOD.4A          TYPE 5 SCT
            WGT   5    LBS.      SERIAL  NO.  6180AC
               BENDIX   AVIATION  CORPORATION
                     ECLIPSE PIONEER DIVISION
      90/22.5 V.,  AC  60  CYCLE  ORD.  DWG.  1357628
                                QUANTITY  1
               MFG'S      PART     NO.  2346-1-A1
      DO NOT OPEN UNTIL READY FOR USE

In searching the web I saw that you also posted a note about one back in 06 May 2010 containing a reference to the above.  Did you ever receive a positive response or can you tell me what this part was a part of and is there anyone you know of that would benefit from having it?

Thanks,

DR