[TowerTalk] 80/40 coax trap dipole design

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Dec 15 13:09:42 PST 2010

On 12/15/2010 6:15 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> This just amounts to a midpoint placement of a loading coil
> in each leg.

No, it's not. Re-read my description. It's also not new -- these designs
have been around in one form or another for years, but most hams, me
included, are lazy about doing the engineering to build them ourselves,
so we buy another guy's work.   Now that I'm retired, I AM doing more of
my own design work, rather than buying another guy's work.  BTW -- if
you read my piece on Antennas For Limited Space, you'll find a reference
to a piece in QST roughly 6 years ago on exactly this sort of design.
Written by a Frenchman, if I recall.

73, Jim K9YC